Thursday, December 22, 2011

DO YOU BELIEVE?!


So Ethan has been saying for the past month that he knows who Santa is. Really?! For some reason, given my memory has been awful lately, I think I still believed there was a Santa at age 9. No amount of Christmas movies or Christmas discussions has been able to sway or change his mind until this...

A friend of mine told me about this great website where you enter your child's information in and out pops a video of santa speaking directly to your child by name, which is pretty impressive in itself. Santa mentions where you live, mentions and shows pictures of what you have done this past year, mentions what you want most this year for Christmas and finally mentions if you've been naughty or nice. Well, Edyn's was easy. She was on the nice list. But for Ethan, we decided to try out the naughty list and see what his reaction would be. That's what you get for not believing, right?!

After school one day I picked up the kids and we headed to the hairdresser so Ethan could get a haircut. I mentioned to the kids that I had received an email for them from Santa. Since Ethan rolled his eyes I decided Edyn would get to watch hers first. Talk about a moment that melts your heart. Anyway, onto Ethan. I clicked on his email and as he watched he was a little puzzled that Santa had called him by name and had opened up his book with a picture of Ethan in it. How could this be?! Was I sensing a start of belief here? I hoped so. As Santa explained that he knew Ethan had taken a trip to Canada this past year and that he was an important part to his green zebra team Ethan was amazed that Santa even knew these things. Then a light bulb went off. Ethan started to ask me if I had found a website and had entered in all his information. What the heck, how does this kid know these things. Why can't he just BELIEVE!!! I denied it all, of course, and tried to convince him that the email was from Santa. As he continued to watch he remarked quietly "I don't know, maybe there is a Santa." Oh, oh, oh...is this working?! Then it came to the part where the elves put Ethan's report into a machine to see if he has been naughty or nice. All of a sudden the siren's go off and the elves frown. Santa reports that Ethan has been naughty this year. Ethan was not a happy camper and couldn't believe that Santa would say such a thing.

We sat in the car as he ate his burger and waited for his hair appointment. The car had been pretty silent. After about 10 minutes, Ethan threw his burger wrapper down and angrily said "I CAN'T believe I'm on the naughty list!". I immediately started laughing as I realized that for the last 10 minutes all this boy was mulling over in his head was how could he be on the naughty list. Poor boy, and I repeat, serves him right for not believing! I guess it is what it is...Ethan is growing up. Now I need to focus on damage control and make sure he doesn't ruin it for Edyn. Wish me luck!

If you are interested in seeing the kids' videos here is how you get there.



Log into the home page: www.portablenorthpole.tv/home
(sorry, I couldn't get the link to work)

EDYN'S LETTER
username: familyof4wolffs@gmail.com
pin: 9y1w

ETHAN'S LETTER
username: familyof4wolffs@gmail.com
pin: 278t

2 comments:

Debbie Burns said...

ROFL! Good luck with the damage control :)

Mistie said...

i am giddy i see an update from you guys! I was LOL reading your post. Yeah, Ashton still believes but a handful of his friends don't. sigh. I know the day will come sooner than later that he will be right along with Ethan. :( Love the idea though of the online santa. How perfect.
Miss you!
Merry Christmas!