Monday, October 18, 2010

A Handy Hubby


A couple of weeks ago I got a phone call from Chad asking if he could pick out his birthday present early. After telling me he found an amazing deal on a saw (as if I would even know if it was a deal or not!) I hummed and hawed and then told him to go ahead and purchase it while secretly I was jumping up and down because I didn't have to figure out what to get the old boy for his birthday! Oh, how I love these kind of gifts.

Well, the birthday gift came home and didn't sit still for long. Chad immediately set up shop in one of the garages and already started on building a coffin that would hold Ethan for our Halloween cemetery set up in the front yard. I don't know how he does it but this man of mine just happened to figure out the dimensions and measurements by just staring at a blank piece of paper, happened to get right to work, and just happened to make the most amazing Halloween coffin ever! Here it is a week later and he mentions to me he's got the itch to build something else. Well, my dear, let me just go and grab my list! Have I mentioned how much I love my Handy Hubby! Go ahead, tell me you aren't drooling over this coffin!






5 comments:

BreAnna said...

He does drills of all kinds huh? That is really an awesome display, which is a piece from Chad and the touches from you, I can tell :o) wish we could see it in person, I'm sure it's a car stopper!

The Wolff Den said...

Seriously, that is the best coffin I've ever seen, and Ethan is going to have the best night ever, I'm sure. Wish I could see him scaring all your little trick or treaters!

Mistie said...

whatever!!! that is amazing...and i love your little scary decor set up! I am jealous! I am so ready to go all out and decorate to a new level...i just need to shop after halloween for decor when it all goes cheap!! Nice Job Chad!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Debbie Burns said...

Le sigh! I am SO jealous. The coffin is amazing... and so is Chad!

Shaneen said...

LOVE IT!!! Chad you amaze me!