Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Experiencing the Fall season in Idaho


We sure have been a busy family this past month making sure we make the most of the fall and Halloween season. Two weekends in a row we made sugar cookies, carved pumpkins and made caramel apples. It was great fun but waaaaayyyyy too much sugar for my family to consume. LOL.

Last night we went to an outdoor Halloween party put on by one our ward members and I must say . . . WOW!!! And that would be an understatement. We showed up at 6pm and not a minute sooner we found ourselves the target of Halloween candy. A small private plane flew over us three times and let a downpour of candy and chocolate fall like rain from the sky. The kids went crazy! How could you not, it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Inside one of the barns they had a huge screen set up to play a movie for anyone who would like to sit and watch along with face and pumpkin painting. This sweet little old man was in the corner popping popcorn for anyone who wanted any. I tell ya, they didn't pay him enough for all the droves of people who waited in line for it. Now when I say droves of people I really mean it. There had to have been close to 250 people there. Brave, brave family! Down the road a bit they had a haunted house set up for ones who wanted scary and for those who didn't. Ethan loved it and Chad admitted that Ethan (because Ethan never would) got a little jumpy. Wished I could have been there but Edyn would have nothing to do with it. The weather was nice when we had first arrived but by an hour and a half later the rain and wind came in like a hurricane which cut the party a little short. They ended up canceling the haunted hayride and a few other outdoor games. Unfortunate, but what we were able to do we had a lot of fun. I remember saying that it would be hard to top a Hoboken, New Jersey, Halloween but this is coming pretty darn close. Thanx Palmer Family we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Here's a few pictures of pumpkins that were carved, cookies that were iced and of course the candy plane.




CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

7 comments:

The Wolff Den said...

Wow, that sounds like quite the party!! And Edyn is so cute, I love her little bumblebee costume. We need to take a road trip and come see your new stomping grounds!

Lulu said...

That party sounds great! Especially the private plane thing. Wow!
The pumpkins look pretty amazing too. I was surprised to see someone carved Cinderella. Nina was begging me to do do Cinderella to ours. But I had no clue! lol
Oh ya, thanks for the advice on the gym thing. I'll be sure to not be disappointed this weekend when I take measurements. haha

Nathan said...

We are headed to our Ward's Fall Festival tonight... I don't think it'll be anything worth writing about. You guys will have to come up her and teach 'em how to do it right.

Ethan's got the right idea... if he holds really still and doesn't breathe, that cute bee might leave him alone. Cool costumes.

Emily said...

Wow, that party sounds amazing! You'd never see that happen in JC. The more you talk about Idaho, the more I want to move there...maybe we'll join you there in a year or so. :) We'll miss your family this Halloween...you always did such fun things.

Jess said...

That's one heck of a Halloween party! Though you have thrown some good ones yourself...

Mistie said...

That bottom picture of Edyn looks just like you! SEriously! K- i didnt think any one else could compare to a party put on my the Wolff family...but it sounds like you have someone who came in close!! That is amazing. It sounds like a small town feel from your description... is this true? How fun!! I really wanted to host a halloween party this year but didnt. I love Halloween!
Miss you guys!

Jenny said...

You guys have been so busy! You are looking fantastic. Running certainly agrees with you!
What a super fun party, and I love the costumes!